Monday morning I had breakfast with Page, Pierce, and Katie Benton as we have been doing for ten years. I started cleaning my mowers so they would be dry to load on the truck. Brian and I got on the bikes and rode for a couple of hours and stopped at a restaurant on the lake in Sebring, FL. We had lobster claws for dinner and sat out in his back yard as the weather was nice.
The next morning after breakfast with the kids, I pulled out and headed for Cooks Power. This was about an hour up the road and is where Alan, my racing buddy, works.
I washed the truck and trailer that afternoon and went home with Alan to go for a boat ride with Deb, his wife. We went to JJ Finns on the lake and had a good time trying to get the waitress to guess what I’m the champion off. She guessed it on the third try. Left the next morning headed for Jacksonville where I set up, got on my bike, and went to dinner with my buddy Frank Church “The Minister of Speed” at Billy’s Boat House on the intercostals waterway. I’m sitting right next to the Miss Geico racing boat so Bruce, Mike, and I went down to the Riverfront where they were having a Tea Party (they wouldn’t let me talk which was probably a good thing).
On Friday there was the bikini contest with 12 contestants for Miss Jacksonville International boat show where I got a picture of Lauryn Bocook (http://www.laurynb.com/) -the winner- on the 104+ mower and one of me with her and the Monster Mower.
I had a nice motorcycle ride around Jacksonville on Friday night where the weather was great. Saturday evening after a great day of talking to customers with Frank and George helping out, we went to the Tiki party where we were fed by one of the local vendors. Sunday was very good with lots of traffic and lots of good question. I got pictures of Pirates on the mowers also. Frank and George came back to help me tear down which got me home before midnight.
- Many customers came by to tell me how well the STA-BIL brands are working for them.
- A Yamaha dealer said every other person that came in the shop was looking for Marine Formula STA-BIL brand.
- An Austin Heely owner that has an open vent system was concerned about his fuel and was asking about the Marine Formula. He said he was going to tell his club about the problems with ethanol and how STA-BIL works.
- A Suzuki motorcycle owner wanted to know what to use to keep his system clean so we talked about using STA-BIL and 104+®.
- A guy’s dad had been ordering a product online to treat his fuel but after talking with me about the Marine Formula, and that STA-BIL cost less, he was going to tell his dad to start using STA-BIL.
- A new boat owner said the dealer told him to use the STA-BIL Marine Formula.
- One said he used FPPF to rid his diesel of algae and I told him that the STA-BIL for diesels helps prevent his fuel from growing algae and also lubricates his system.
- Talked about the Iso-HEET brand as a great water remover and compared it to the Medic guy. - Several that had a major water problem said they would use the Iso-HEET and then use the Marine Formula STA-BIL brand regularly to keep the water out.
- Several talked about using the 104+ Octane Boost brand in their boats, cars, and motorcycles for better performance and to get their octane up. They say fuel is not as good as it used to be and that the octane is low.
- A diesel boat owner was concerned about what to treat his system with. We talked about the DieselPower! brands and also the STA-BIL for Diesels for when his unit sits.
- I gave a can of the Start Your Engines! ® to a customer that had an idle problem in his motorcycle.
The show was smaller than last year, but I was in a much better location which got me much more traffic. We had great weather all weekend and I had positive comments about our product where boaters are saying they have been using the Marine Formula STA-BIL brand and are having great results. Many comments on the water removal comparison that the Medic guy was doing but after talking with me they said they would use our STA-BIL instead. I had lots of interest in the give away mower and many said they would go to the http://shouldbobbygo.com/ to vote. A very good show.
Until Next time!
Bobby Cleveland - The Engine Answerman