Arrived in Flint on that Tuesday evening, and stayed in the Wal-Mart parking lot. Then pulled up on Wednesday, and the Back to the Bricks event committee took good care of me on Wednesday to get into my parking spot in the main lot. Jennifer and I set up on Thursday, lots of cars cruisin' the streets every night, so we had good visibility. On Thursday evening and Friday most of the day was off and on with foot traffic. Friday night and Saturday were pretty busy. Had a much better spot this year than last year. This event is the same weekend as the Woodward Cruise, so there are a lot of people that come from that event first to this one.
- A lot of people came by to say how great the STA-BIL® brand was, and how much they use every year.
- One guy came by and told us he just got his collector car out of storage a few weeks ago that had been sitting in a buddy’s barn for four years, and besides a new battery, it ran just fine, and was really happy that he had used STA-BIL® in it.
- Another came by just to tell us he swears by STA-BIL®.
- One guy came buy to ask about where to buy Diesel STA-BIL®. He had seen it in Vegas last year at the AAPEX show, and was interested in trying it out.
- One guy asked if the STA-BIL® in the metal can he was still using was okay to use. We told him to go buy a new plastic bottle of product, and gave him a coupon.
- One guy came by and said that the Iso-HEET brand is great stuff, and is one of the best water removers that he’s ever used. One guy said he used it all of the time in every tank. He didn’t know that it was made by STA-BIL®.
- One guy was talking to his buddy about at least trying the Power Steering NO LEAK brand to see if it worked. Told him it was guaranteed to work or his money back.
- Another guy asked about using the NO LEAK Engine in his VW. Told him he could buy it at Wal-Mart or any auto parts store. He noticed the STA-BIL® logo on the front, and didn’t realize it was made by the same company, so was happy with that and said he would try it.
- There was a 53 Cadillac that parked right in front of the truck on Friday. As soon as the guy walked away his radiator overheated and antifreeze was going everywhere. I laid a blistercard of the AlumAseal brand on his front seat. The car was gone on Sat. morning so he must have used it.
- One guy came back and asked what to use to clean out his fuel system, so I told him about 104+ MAXIMUM brand.
- One guy had actually just visited the Advance Store in Flint on Friday morning, and was specifically looking for 104+ but claimed they didn’t have it, so he had to buy Lucas instead. Jennifer told him that Advance does carry it, so not sure why that particular store didn’t have it.
- Had some interest in the Start Your Engines! Brand product. Two older gentlemen came by and wanted to try some, so told them to go to Wal-Mart to buy it, and gave them a brochure. - - One guy came by to say he collects other people’s mowers and equipment that they have problems with the carburetors and fuel lines. Told him he could use Start Your Engines! to get them started.
Thanks to Jen for all of her help!
Getting excited for the USLMRA Nationals! (See my last blog entry for details on how to watch LIVE on Saturday. (September 5.)
And make sure you watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPtuPZkvHJs - then go to the 'WillBobbyGo100' site to enter to WIN!
Until next time,
Bobby Cleveland - The Engine Answerman