Hope 2011 is treating you well so far. I had a nice break but it's great to be back on the road again!
The weather was great this year for this event (last year it rained the whole week), so the crowds were a lot larger this year. We had the same booth spot as last year, and the TV camera was placed in a better spot this year, so we got more TV coverage of the truck.
Jennifer and I met with the SPEED channel team on Sunday afternoon to go over the commercial shoots for Monday. Monday they came over to the truck and shot three different “performance tips” spots, with former auto racing announcer Rick DeBruhl.
Marc Blackman (Gold Eagle Co.'s CEO) and me
We were fortunate to have one of my exhibitor buddies offer us his '66 Mustang to display at the truck for the week, and use as the back drop for the SPEED shots. Monday was Family Day at the show and then the vendor gala/party Monday night, which was fun. Because the weather was so great, Tuesday thru Thursday, we talked to more people than the whole week last year.
'79 Z-28 - just like the one I used to have
The weekend had record crowds and the cars that came by just got nicer and nicer. Sunday morning got a bit harry as we had 65 mph wind gust with every one taking down their blowup. We were the only one that had a blowup up all day. Several came buy to invite us to their shows as they had seen the truck on TV.
- Lots of questions and compliments on the STA-BIL brands. Many people were interested in the new STA-BIL Ethanol Treatment product, what it does, and what the difference is.
- Many had seen or used the Marine Formula, and wanted to know if they could use that instead of the Regular Formula when they store their boat.
- A lot of interest in the Diesel Formula and questions on where to find it (there seems to be a big need in the Southwest). Told them they will be seeing it in Wal-Mart within the next month or so.
- We were asked many times how to treat their fuel, which STA-BIL product to use, and how much fuel to leave in the tank. Many said they had seen the advertisement for the new STA-BIL Ethanol treatment and wanted to know where and when it was available.
- I was surprised at the number of people who didn’t know what STA-BIL was but after seeing the commercials they were concerned about their fuel.
- I had one ask me if STA-BIL would help his car pass emission and I told him that it would because of the cleaner.
- Many came by that saw the STA-BIL commercial the night before.
- Most came by to tell me that they use STA-BIL, to let me know how great it works, and to thank us for a fantastic product. I showed several people how to measure and pour the product out of the bottle.
- We had many comments on how they use the HEET brands and some said they couldn’t have a car up north without having HEET.
- Several said they put HEET in their fuel to help pass emissions.
- Had a guy, who had just purchased an older truck, which had a main rear seal leak and was going to go to Wal-Mart and purchase the Engine Oil Stop Leak to see if it would stop his leak.
- Lots of interest as many have small leaks and wanted to know how the NO LEAK brand works.
- We were asked by a gentleman about a product to help lube his water pump so we told him about the AlumAseal brand.
- Also, I was asked several times about the radiator stop leak and how well it works. I was asked about putting AlumAseal in the radiator of a motorcycle.
- A lot of people knew 104+® but didn’t know it was made by the company that makes STA-BIL.
- Questions on how much it boosts octane, can they use instead of racing gas, and how much it will improve fuel economy.
- Several asked about a lead substitute so we talked about 104+ helping with their knocking problems.
- Many said they used 104+ and lots were just interested in how it would help their engines perform better.
- Many talked about the low sulfur fuel and better fuel mileage so we talked about how the DieselPower! brand works and where they could find it.
- As mentioned earlier, there was much interest in our diesel products with the combination of STA-BIL for diesels and the DieselPower!
*** I talked with Craig Jackson and offered him product for his car and boat collection. He didn’t come by but several Barrett Jackson employees were asking about product. The Mothers and McGuiar’s truck guys were asking about more DieselPower! product as they used what I gave them last year and they really liked it. Many were interested in the gallon size. ***
This was a great show for Gold Eagle, with record crowds and lots of TV time. I’m glad that Jennifer, Marcel, Marc, and Manny were there to help out. I almost lost my voice twice during the week as I was talking to so many people, so their help was appreciated. A great show that covered every one of our brands.
I'll be at the Miami Boat Show Feb. 11-15 (www.miamiboatshow.com) - Please come see me if you can.
Please reply with your comments/questions.
Until next time!
Bobby Cleveland - The Engine Answerman