We set up at Pyne Park on West Point Lake Thursday morning with James Browns help. We had a great spot right at the entrance to the event. I sat right across from the Dock Dog jumping pool. The dogs drew a lot of attention. (See the drop box for pictures). The Thursday weight-in was a great crowd and the numbers grew each day. The chamber even had a street dance down town and closed off the streets because of the tournament. This event was the biggest crowd that I have seen at a Bass Master event.
- I had a few guys that use the STA-BIL brand to say they did not know about the Marine Formula.
- A wave runner owner said he used STA-BIL and he had an accident and rolled his unit over so he took it to the dealer because it was still under warranty and check it out. He said the dealer wanted to know what he had been using because it was the cleanest 07 engine he had seen.
- Many asked what to use to fight the effects of Ethanol in their car and mowers so we talked about the STA-BIL for Ethanol and where they can find it.
- Many boaters said they have been using STA-BIL for Marine and they don’t have any problems any more.
- A boater with a rough running engine asks me what to do and I told him to check his filter and put the Marine Formula in. The next day he came back to thank me as he had done what I said and his engine was running great and that I had saved him a lot of money.
- I had several comments on customers using the ISO HEET brand for water removal. I would also tell the guys with rough running engines to put a bottle in just to make sure to get the water out of their systems.
- A construction worker that has a big crew with lots of small equipment said he was going to buy the Start Your Engines! brand as he is always rebuilding carburetors and this would save him time and money.
- A lawn care guy said he would keep a can with him to save him time and money. They also inquired about where to buy and not how much it cost.
A very nice event with a really good crowd. Also JB and I were able to do a little fishing in the evening and I caught one this big.
I hope you can join me in Panama City, Florida at the Sea/Doo Watercross Event May 14-15.
Until Next Time!
Bobby Cleveland - The Engine Answerman